A Commitment To
The Code of Ethics of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® is the promise to the public that when dealing with
a real estate agent that is a REALTOR®, they can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related
matters. Only REALTORS® pledge to abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics and only REALTORS® are held
accountable for their ethical behavior.
Some of the basic principles of the Code of Ethics include:
• Protect and promote your client’s interests, but be honest with all parties
• Avoid exaggeration, misrepresentation, and concealment of pertinent facts. Do not reveal facts that are
confidential under the scope of your agency relationship.
• Disclose present or contemplated interest in any property to all properties.
• Avoid side deals without your client’s informed consent.
• Accept compensation from only one party, except with full disclosure and informed consent.
• Keep the funds of clients and customers in escrow.
• Assure, whenever possible, that transactional details are in writing.
• Provide equal service to all clients and customers.
• Be knowledgeable and competent in the fields of practice in which you ordinarily engage. Obtain assistance or
disclose lack of experience if necessary.
• Do not engage in the unauthorized practice of law.
Courtesy of NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
Click here for more information about the complaint process and contact the Tuscaloosa Association of REALTORS® for more information.